So much of my work is inspired by the natural world and finding ways to minimise the environmental impact of Jem Loves to Draw is high up on my list of priorities.
I’m taking consistent steps to make my business as eco-friendly as possible and protect the things that inspire me the most
- I produce my own art prints and cards at home using digital printing techniques, which is less wasteful than other forms of printing.
- Printing in this way allows me to print the stock I need, as and when I need it.
- Any items I cannot print myself are printed in the UK by Awesome Merchandise.
- All of my art prints are packaged in biodegradable cello wraps, which can be composted or disposed of with food waste.
- The backing boards in my prints are made from 100% recycled card and can be recycled.
- Any cards I sell online are sold without packaging as Naked Cards.
- For stockists where some protective packaging is needed, my new card designs are packaged in biodegradable cellos.
- Some of my older products are packaged in plastic cellos, because it is less wasteful to use up old stock rather than repackaging it.
- Any tape used on my packages or packaging is recycled paper tape or washi tape, both of which can be recycled with paper.
- Online orders are sent using recycled and recyclable board-backed envelopes or reused packaging materials from other deliveries.
- Local orders are delivered by hand and often on foot, minimising delivery miles.
- Reducing delivery miles is also one of the reasons I only offer UK delivery in my Etsy shop.
If you have any questions about my environmental practice, or if you have any suggestions for ways I can make my business more eco-friendly, please get in touch.