It’s a well-known fact that makers start thinking about Christmas in June. Not that it bothers me because I bloody love Christmas. The lights, the tree, the tinsel – even the sprouts! Most of all I love finding the perfect gift for someone and seeing their face when they open it.
If like me you’re looking to support indie makers and small businesses this Christmas, local markets and independent shops are a brilliant place to start. I’ll be trading at a whole host of markets this year alongside my usual Bristol stockists. Here’s a lovely list of them all in one place, come along and say hi!
- Sunday 1 December, 10am-4pm Etsy Made Local, City Hall
- Saturday 7 December, 11am-5pm BS3 Community Christmas Market, The Southville Centre, Beauley Road, Southville
- Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 December, 10am-3pm Tribe Aisthetica Yuletide Market, The Malago, North Street, Bedminster
- BLAZE 84 Colston Street, Bristol BS1
- Glass Designs and Gallery 261 North Sreet, Bristol BS3
- Independent Design Collective 76 North Street, Bristol BS3
- Café Jackalope 401 Gloucester Road, Bristol BS7